The Chengelo Educational Trust was founded in 1992 and supports Chengelo School, Zambia. The school itself was founded in 1988 by the Trustees of Mkushi Fellowship, Zambia, to provide sound academic learning and physical development within a Christian, multiracial environment. It is a co-educational boarding school offering Primary and Secondary Education. In its supporting role the Trust works in close co-operation with the Governing Body of the School. The support given by the UK Trust is exercised through its members by:
- prayer for the school, staff and pupils
- encouragement of interest by newsletters and information
- the work of area representatives in their regions
- raising funds for projects and for pupil bursaries
- the provision of school equipment
- reclaiming tax related to gift aid
- meeting annually for a Fellowship Day, usually attended by current School staff
For details of how our work is for the Public Benefit, please click on the link (to the left) to the Charities Commission or Guide Star.
The author of the book As a Witness to the Light: The Story of Chengelo School in Zambia (advertised at http://chengelo.com/TheStoryofChengeloSchool.aspx) commented at the recent Fellowship Day that the story he tells in the book from the earliest days now has a further decade to tell. He asked whether there was anyone who could take up the challenge of writing the story from then to the present day.