The Chengelo Educational Trust was founded in 1992 and supports Chengelo School, Zambia. The school itself was founded in 1988 by the Trustees of Mkushi Fellowship, Zambia, to provide sound academic learning and physical development within a Christian, multiracial environment. It is a co-educational boarding school offering Primary and Secondary Education. In its supporting role the Trust works in close co-operation with the Governing Body of the School. The support given by the UK Trust is exercised through its members by:
- prayer for the school, staff and pupils
- encouragement of interest by newsletters and information
- the work of area representatives in their regions
- raising funds for projects and for pupil bursaries
- the provision of school equipment
- reclaiming tax related to gift aid
- meeting annually for a Fellowship Day, usually attended by School staff
For details of how our work is for the Public Benefit, please click on the link (to the left) to the Charities Commission or Guide Star.
2014 Fellowship Days take place this week and next near Cambridge and in Blyth. Our special guest this year is Warren Mukuni, the head of primary at Chengelo School. For location details click the Fellowship Day link. We look forward to meeting with you at our annual gathering.